When: 01 Oct 2016 10 am – 2 pm Location: Waialua High School Cafeteria FREE PUBLIC EVENT! Purpose: To raise awareness in the Waialua and Greater North Shore Community by […]
GREEN TABLES INITIATIVE
Connecting Local Communities with Sustainable Agriculture
The Green Tables program is an organization-wide initiative to connect innovative, sustainable agriculture with restaurant, school and kitchen tables across LDEI chapter communities.
Since the Green Tables launch in 2006, hundreds of members in the LDEI chapters have donated their time and talents to furthering these goals in their communities.
- Promote community health and well-being
- Foster LDEI’s leadership in the sustainable food movement
- Build upon existing community food, gardening and agriculture efforts
- Inspire focus on the value of local farmers and enhance the use of locally grown food
- Share our skills and knowledge to further the local food movement and enhance public health
Upcoming & Past Green Tables Events
Dame Jan Yap shares this healthy recipe which she teaches to students for Liholiho Elementary School’s Food Day. Smoothie Base: 1 cup water 1/2 cup ice, or adjust to taste 1 […]
As part of Green Tables and Food Day the LDEI Hawaii Chapter partnered with Liholiho Elementary School for their Food Day and Fitness Fair on Friday, October 19. More than […]