- When: 22 July 2017
- 7:30AM – 9:00AM (approximately) – Honolulu Fish Auction for tour and education
- 9:00AM (approximately) – 12:30PM – Hands-on workshop
- Location: Honolulu Fish Auction / MW Restaurant Private Kitchen
- Member – $40.00
- Non-member – $45.00
Limited to 20 attendees.
In this hands-on workshop with Chef Jackie Pau, you will learn:
- How to store fresh fish and cleaned fish
- How to break down a fish
- How to use the whole fish, including bones, skin, tail/ fins, collar
- Which fish is best for certain preparations
Meet at 7:30 at the Honolulu Fish Auction (1131 N. Nimitz Hwy., Honolulu, HI 96817) for our tour. Please wear closed-toed, non-slip shoes and bring a jacket. The Fish Auction tour is about 1.5 hours but may be adjusted as needed. All guests will receive a Fish ID pamphlet and an industry website card. A fish poster is available for purchase for $25.00.
After the tour, we will regroup at the MW Restaurant Private Kitchen (1538 Kapiolani Blvd., #107, Honolulu, HI 96814) at approximately 9:00-9:30AM. Here, each participant will have an opportunity to fillet a fish and create their own bake en papillote. We will all sit down and share our baked fish afterwards. Coffee, tea and lemonade will be available.
Questions? Contact us.
Chef Jackie photo courtesy Hayley Matson-Mathes/Hawaii Culinary Education Foundation